Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Oh, the weather outside...

OK, it's not frightful today, but I can't STAND the wind that we've been having lately.
Or the ice.
On a few recent days, the trees next to my driveway have been so ice-laden that their branches have almost touched the ground ... and these are TALL trees. It scares me to think that one morning I'll come out and the trees will no longer be standing.
But it's the wind, that howling wind, that disturbs me the most. I can't even say why, but I hate it. It's far from the breezes of summer and fall that filter through our wind chimes and soften the heat and humidity.
I know, in the summer I can't wait for autumn. Then I look forward to colder weather.
Now I'm complaining about the wind.
Some people just can't be happy with the weather... guess that includes me.

No comments: