Monday, December 24, 2007

Is that Santa?

Can it be Dec. 24th already? Are your stockings hung by the chimney with care?
I look out my window here at The Reporter and it could be almost any time of the year.
The sky is pure blue, few clouds in the sky, a bit of a breeze.
It doesn't really look like winter, much less Christmas Eve.
So far it's been fairly quiet on the police radio -- probably most people are shopping or on their way for a holiday visit.
Let's hope the quiet continues, for everyone's sake.
I don't think the "magic" of Christmas Eve ever sets in for me until I'm at home, with the Christmas tree lit, perhaps some holiday music playing quietly and the packages, neatly wrapped, are under the tree.
Well, at least they're wrapped. I won't pretend to be great at creating beautifully wrapped presents.
For now, it's work; then a test at the hospital -- can you believe it, on Christmas Eve? Then home to kitties and family.
Here's wishing you a quiet, peaceful lead-up to Christmas Day.

No comments: