Monday, July 14, 2008

scared yet??

These are more than scary times. The economy, the war, the environment...
You know it's bad when the only thing people can talk about is the price of gas, the price of groceries, the price of heating/cooling your home, the real estate market, the thought of losing their job, the thought of losing their savings, the thought of losing their retirement.
But it's more than just a thought. It's a reality.
I was never going to retire as a millionaire, but I did hope to retire some day. Now I'm not so sure.
The investments I have are plummeting. The cost of everything is skyrocketing. You can forget trying to sell your house if you'd like to downsize.
Scared? Yes, I admit I am.
As a widow, I don't have another income to fall back on. No, I'm not poor, but I'm far from wealthy. Middle class, at best.
I know there are many, many others who have it far, far worse.
Most of us never lived through a depression. But it may not be far off.
Can anyone help us? Can we help ourselves?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nona- Long ago I gave up looking for an earthly hero. Not a father, husband, son or daughter is hero enough for this world and all its despair including local and world economy. I even fell for believing that if everyone did their part and one save one, we could heal our land and the world. We can't. Individually and collectively we are broken beings. Broken from birth. Though mocked and scorned most of my life by family and the public, there has never been any peace or intimate value than what I have found in Christ. You asked if anyone can help us, yes, One can and I don't want to live without Him. Though happily married and more children than brains- Jesus is my help and hope. He has NEVER failed me yet. Seek him-you are a bright lady and have compassion- you will never regret that relationship. d