Monday, April 26, 2010

'Spelling Bee' is T-E-R-R-I-F-I-C!


Montgomery Theater Photo


If you haven't had the great pleasure to take in Montgomery Theater's latest production, what are you waiting for?
"The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee," now on the Souderton stage, is both hilarious and poignant.
The songs, dancing, personalities and moments that illuminate the stories behind the laughs will draw you into this comedy.
Just picture these kids whose fervent hope is to make it to the Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington, D.C.
At first blush you may think they're just an assortment of nerds whose only interest in life is spelling. But you'll be in for quite a revelation.
And at each performance a few audience members even get to become part of the bee -- yes, on stage.
I don't want to spoil the story for anyone who hasn't already enjoyed this performance, but I do want to urge you to get there before the final curtain falls on May 8.
This is a topnotch play that you won't want to miss. For times and tickets, call (215) 723-9984 or check www.montgomerytheater.org.

1 comment:

Scott Miller said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I will be attending the Bee for my second time this Friday as an usher and am expecting to have another W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L time!