Thursday, January 21, 2010

he finally fesses up




We all knew it, but now it's official.
According to the AP, two-time presidential candidate John Edwards has released this statement about the child he fathered with his former mistress:

"I am Quinn's father. I will do everything in my power to provide her with the love and support she deserves. I have been able to spend time with her during the past year and trust that future efforts to show her the love and affection she deserves can be done privately and in peace.

"It was wrong for me ever to deny she was my daughter and hopefully one day, when she understands, she will forgive me. I have been providing financial support for Quinn and have reached an agreement with her mother to continue providing support in the future.

"To all those I have disappointed and hurt, these words will never be enough, but I am truly sorry."

We're sorry, too... sorry we ever thought you were a "good guy"; extremely sorry for your wife and other children.
Sorry you're just another egocentric politician who couldn't keep his pants closed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, "egocentric politician" is one way to describe the man. Human being is another. Everyone goofs up and those of us who watch in awe at their failures miss the opportunity to learn about the weakness's of the human race in general and the power of forgiveness. Would this affair be 'as' tragic if his wife didn't have cancer? Probably not. I never thought of him as a 'good guy' but just a politician. And a man. Even John F. Kennedy cheated on his wife, but he died and is now put on a pedestool. I believe that this man is sorry. That is why hindsight is worth a million. duh.