Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring has sprung?

Yes, it is spring and tomorrow is Easter. But with snow this morning and the cool temps, it just doesn't seem very Easter-like. I've been watching commercials on TV pushing everyone to go out and buy their Easter outfits, and the kids are running around in sleeveless dresses and shorts...
Um... in March?
Of course, it may just be me. We had to dash out to the store for a bit today... lovely, the day before Easter ... and several people were sporting shorts in the 40-degree weather.
Guess it's another sign of my old age that I had on jeans, a long-sleeved shirt and a jacket.
Ah well... I'm enjoying the cool weather while it lasts. I fear that, once again, we will skip spring and head right into the heat of summer...
Spare us this, please!
What has happened to having actual, identifiable seasons, with the appropriate weather for the appropriate time of year?
Fingers crossed that heat waves hold off until at LEAST June!

No comments: