Sunday, August 3, 2014

Yep, they were fab!

Did you happen to amble on over to Fischer's Park in Towamencin on Thursday? If you did, you surely enjoyed the wickedly good performance by Almost Fab! I know I did!

Almost Fab! is, of  course, a Beatles tribute band. And they rocked the park for about two hours, much to the delight of young and old alike. 

Now I have actually seen The Beatles in concert. Yep, "When I'm 64" hits home for me! I've also seen Paul McCartney in concert a few times, Ringo Starr once and even Pete Best a few times. If you don't know who Pete Best is, you may as well not read on...






But back to Almost Fab! They certainly aren't the Fab Four, but they sure do delight. 

They had the fans singing along, dancing and just enjoying the tunes that spanned The Beatles' career.






If you missed them, they will be playing a rain makeup date on Tuesday, Aug. 19, at 7 p.m. at Whites Road Park in Lansdale. They do warn you to come early, as the park gets packed. I know there was a huge crowd in Towamencin on a perfect night for an outdoor gig


And there even was a bit of a strange bonus, as Forrest Gump paid a visit. Well, actually it was Paul Dengler, a Gump impersonator (and, as his card says, "visual artist, singer/songwriter, inspirational speaker") who was more than happy to pose with concert-goers for photos. How could I resist?



No comments: