Saturday, January 3, 2015

A few thoughts...

Hope you're enjoying the new year! I got a great Mutts calendar -- see January's illustration below -- for Christmas that I love. It's one more push to make me think about life and others … something we all should be doing in the new year.


Something else I stumbled upon during the last year that I'm doing this year is getting a big jar and whenever something pleasant happens -- perhaps drinking in a beautiful sunset or getting a letter from a good friend or hearing music that absolutely moves me -- I jot down a brief note about it with the date and drop it in the jar.
Then on New Year's Eve or New Year's Day, just open the jar and read -- and be thankful for -- all the great moments that you enjoyed during the year. They really could be anything, large or small. Perhaps a promotion at work, an addition to the family, a new pet, a health scare that turned out to be nothing, a memorable book you read.
Well, you get the idea.
But dwell on the positive, not the negative.
With the new year here, I packed away the Christmas decorations but kept out some winter items to help bring some sparkle and light into my home. Hope you did the same!

May the new year be merry, bright and uplifting for all of us!


No comments: