Wednesday, January 23, 2013

It's so cold that...

Complaining about the weather ... it's one of our favorite activities.
In the heat of the summer, we ask, "Hot enough for ya?"
We try to figure out if it's hot enough to fry an egg on various surfaces.
We complain about sweating like a pig, even though pigs don't sweat.
Now, we're shivering in our boots -- and complaining.
That includes me. When I got in my car this morning and this 10-degree readout faced me, I was ready to head back under the covers.


The cold has meant the demise for some earlier holiday remnants, including this not-so-happy Halloween pumpkin. 


It has brought a lot more activity to my "cat TV," as birds are flocking to my feeders and my cats are glued to their favorite channel. Look closely to see the cardinals...

Below, Grim and Disaster take in the "cool" channel... 


Of course, if all else fails, there's always the comfort of warm, flannel sheets. We've all heard of three-dog nights ... but in my household it's definitely of the feline variety.


So let's all hang in there. It's winter. It's going to be cold. And we're heading toward February and Groundhog Day. Can't wait to hear what Phil has to say on Feb. 2.

No comments: