Saturday, November 24, 2007

Whatta day

It's Nov. 24, it's full moon and it's cold -- hey, it's November!
Today was a great day, getting together with some family members I don't get to see nearly often enough.
My late husband's mother and his sister, plus her daughter and HER two daughters -- add in myself and my daughter and it was a great ladies day
Since my mother-in-law lives near Hershey, my daughter and I decided to stop in at Chocolate World first to do a little Christmas shopping. We somehow avoided the 5 busloads of people that also were early birds and even decided to take the ride through
"chocolate making," since it had been quite a while.
The weather was beautiful, the stop at Chocolate World was fun and it was so great to spend time with family and get caught up on our lives.
No, we didn't exchange expensive presents or stop in at a fine-dining restaurant, but we couldn't have asked for a better day.
Yes, I'm tired now that it's evening and the trip is over, but it's a good kind of tired.
Not the "oh, I could have killed those people at the mall" kind of tired.
It's the kind of day you file away for future smiles.

No comments: