Wednesday, March 6, 2013

False alarm?

It is always interesting to see how the local TV stations and the Weather Channel react to approaching doom whenever a major storm is predicted to hit.
This morning, local stations started early, at 4 a.m., to cover the catastrophic snowstorm that was bearing down on this area. We were warned to hunker down, as anywhere from 2 to 10 inches of snow, depending on which person was speaking, might bury us.
The wind certainly tore through the area, but as the day wore on, many of us were wondering just what had happened to all that white stuff.
By the time I got around to tuning in during the late afternoon, many weather personalities seemed devastated ... the snow might not hit us, or at least not to the extent that they had predicted.
I don't know what may greet us when we roll out of bed Thursday morning. Maybe the storm will change course yet again and we'll all be shoveling. Perhaps we'll  dodge a bullet yet again, which I would prefer -- not gonna lie.
I can't control the weather so I'm not going to worry about it.
Think I'll take Marmi's approach... Just curl up and not think about what might happen.


No comments: