Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Earthquake hits; I feel nothing

I won't be tacky and say the earth didn't move for me.
OK, I just said it... sorry. But everyone here in the newsroom is shrieking around about having an earthquake, I'm in an office with floor-to-ceiling windows and feel nothing.
Nada. Zip. Only one other person in the newsroom admits to also missing the whole earth-moving experience.
It's horrible to feel left out of a news-maker like this, especially when you work for a news media operation! How embarrassing.
But plenty of our audience felt it -- at least I got lots of reaction from my tweets and Facebook posting.
But still, my face is red. Maybe next time.
To make up for it, here are some photos from my walk last night on the Perkiomen Trail near Spring Mount. It was a beautiful night for a hike ... no earthquakes there, either.




No comments: