Thursday, March 3, 2011

Guess we're never happy...


It's only March 3. It's still winter. And yet all I hear is people complaining about it being cold.
Note sentence above: It's still winter!
And really, it's not THAT cold. Plus some warmer days are on the horizon.
What I fear is that false sense of security. When I flipped my calendar over to March, I saw something that, for some reason, I keep noting each year, just as I do people's birthdays -- in the hope that I'll remember to send cards.
This is a more ominous note, from March 13, 1993: BLIZZARD.
Yes, a blizzard in mid March.
We all know this is a crazy month, and I'm not going to complain about the cold or scraping ice off my windshield.
But I sure wouldn't mind if we didn't get anymore snow.
That huge pile near my house from having my driveway plowed this winter is ALMOST gone! No more additions, please.

No comments: