Thursday, September 11, 2008

Allentown Road dangers

Commuting down Allentown Road was a challenge this morning.
First there was the stupid young man who decided it was a GREAT idea to motor down Allentown Road in Franconia Township on a 4-wheeler to get to the fairly new produce store along the roadway. This was shortly after 6:30 a.m., so it wasn't totally light. Traffic was busy and no, this kid didn't have lights on the 4-wheeler.
Not that that matters. It's ILLEGAL to ride these things on the road.
Here's a thought -- WALK next time.

Then, a bit further down the road, I was almost slammed into by an obviously inattentive driver in a black Xterra. Luckily, since I was stopped at the red light at Fretz Road, there is a left-turn lane there and he was able to nose over into that lane to avoid my car. I guess having my lights on AND having my brakes on wasn't enough to alert him to the stopped traffic.
At least he turned right at the intersection of Forty Foot and Allentown, where I turn left, so I didn't have to worry about him again.
Here's another thought -- wake up and pay attention to your driving. Next time there might not be an "out" for you.

No comments: