Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My condolences to the Pifers

My heart goes out to the family of Sgt. James Pifer, who will be honored and laid to rest on Thursday.
It was a shock to get the news last week of his death at the Upper Gwynedd Police Station.
And to hear of the cause of his death -- non-accidental gunshot wound, as it was stated -- hit home.
I lost my husband the same way more than four years ago, as he battled depression.
I don't know what may have caused Sgt. Pifer to take this route, but I know the months ahead, perhaps even years, will be difficult for his family.
My daughter and I found support and comfort not only from family and friends, but also from the Survivors of Suicide support group that meets near Quakertown. There may be others like it in the area.
I don't know the Pifer family, but I hope that there is comfort and solace to be found for them in their grief.
I know some of what they are going through.
And I wish them peace.

No comments: