Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Why such a hot start to summer?

It's no secret that summer is not my favorite season.
Especially this year, when I won't get to escape to Cape Cod ... and not because I wasn't invited. Circumstances just won't work this year.
So here I am, on the first day of summer, in sweltering heat that I hate.
Heat. Humidity. Sweat. Stifling weather.
Who needs it?
OK, there are a few benefits, such as the garden that mostly is due to the hard work of my daughter. I don't have a green thumb, so I can't take much credit. None, really.
But I enjoy it nonetheless.
So today, on the first day of summer, here are a few shots I snapped in and around her garden for you to enjoy.
And now that we've had the "longest" day, we'll start losing daylight again, as my one sun-loving friend keeps reminding me. 
Can't happen too fast for me. I'm already longing for cool autumn days and nights...



Clematis always is beautiful.

 A few potted plants brighten up the deck area...

 Tomatoes just beginning to form... fingers crossed.

The beautiful butterfly bush.... love those purple flowers.

No comments: