Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Thank you, second-graders!

I recently had a lot of fun reading to second-graders at Gwyn-Nor Elementary School in the North Penn School District, as part of the PennSuburban Chamber of Commerce Community Reading Day.
The children were a delight -- very polite, chimed in with some questions and observations -- as I read "Bats At The Library," a book I found really cool as well.
Here's a photo one of my co-workers, Pam Linderman, snapped that day. Aren't the kids cute?



And I was delighted to receive a huge envelope yesterday filled with thank-you letters from the children. Really, they didn't have to -- but I loved them.

Just a few quotes:
"Thank you for reading 'Bats At The Library.' My favorite part of the story was when the bats were on the printer and printed out copies of them on the papers."... Catherine
"You did an amazing job reading to the class... when I'm older I want to be just like you."... Alexa (gee, thanks, Alexa!)
"My favorite part of the story was when the bats made a monster." ... Ryajiah

Some of the careers the students said they were planning included cruise ship captain, microbiologist, singer/songwriter/fashion designer, businesswoman and teacher.
I'm sure they will accomplish whatever they put their minds to, and that their teacher, Melissa Jefferis, will be an inspiration to them.
Thank you, students. I had a great time.
Keep reading!


A GLIMPSE OF SOME OF THE THANK-YOU LETTERS SENT FROM THE CLASS

No comments: